Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Below are some of the RB activities and achievements of this hotel:
- Employee training in heart and lung assistance and first aid
- Participation in Safehotels’ security certification programme
- Conserving energy and water by investing in environmentally-friendly products and services
- Prioritising suppliers that are environmentally conscious; for example, the hotel’s laundry vendor is one of the few in the area with environmental certification
- Purchasing organic products from local farms for guest breakfasts
- Using refillable soap dispensers in all guest rooms and public areas and participating in the Rezidor towel and linen change programme
- Working to replace all company cars with environmentally-friendly options
- Cooperating with Solna Stad to welcome the long-term unemployed and foreign students learning Swedish into the workplace
- Sponsoring charities including A Non Smoking Generation and Childhood
- Sponsoring two children from developing countries since 1999